Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cleveland, TN QB Chad Voytik has a top 3


By Jamie Newberg, ESPN Recruiting

ATHENS, Ga. -- Cleveland (Tenn.) High School QB Chad Voytik was excited to get the opportunity to participate and compete against some of the top quarterbacks in the Elite 11 regional QB camp at the University of Georgia.

He didn't disappoint.

"I thought I did well and felt really good in how I performed," Voytik said. "I did my very best and gave it my all. I did all I could. The best part about something like this is taking drills home, like some roll out stuff for me. It's also great to see the guys around me and compete against them. It was very exciting."

Voytik, who has eight scholarship offers, made all the throws despite it being windy and raining for for most of the night.

"I thought he was one of the top guys," said former NFL quarterback Browning Nagle, one of the Elite 11 quarterback coaches. "I think with a lot of these kids they have one thing and need to add another element. When you try that here something suffers but that is part of being young. These kids are talented, they have the arms, they have athleticism but they are missing something else. That's where coaching comes in. Some have a benefit in that. Some have those resources to help them out. Those that don't need it and need to check out what the big boys are doing. Man, the game has transformed since I played it."

For now, Voytik favors a trio of schools -- Mississippi State, Pitt and Vanderbilt.

"I went and saw all three teams recently this spring. My latest visit was Clemson and to get an offer from them was great," he said. "I feel really blessed right now and very happy with the schools I am choosing from.

"I take grades seriously so I am looking for a school that can give me a degree to be proud of," Voytik said. "I want to play in an offense that fits my skills and pick a place where I am comfortable for the next four to five years. I do not have a timetable but I need to start talking with my family and coaches. Mississippi State, Vandy and Pitt are my top three but doesn't mean the others are out. I'll start deciding and talking it over with everyone and coming to a decision."

No comments:

Post a Comment